Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lupo's Char-Pit

Name: Lupo's Char-Pit
Location: 2710 E Main St., Endicott, NY 13760
Phone: (607) 748-1916
Cuisine: Sandwiches/Subs (Spiedies)
Price: Less than $10 per person

Review:
The second of my spiedie reviews will cover Lupo's Char-Pit, a Triple Cities institution that operates on Main St. in Endwell. There's no doubt that Lupo's is among the best spiedie peddlers in the Binghamton area. They are famous not only for their restaurants but also for their line of sauces and marinades that can be purchased in local grocery stores.

The Char-Pit is not so much a restaurant but rather a take-out place. There are no tables to eat there, just a stand where you place your order and pay. The menu mostly consists of the usual chicken/pork spiedie options, with various toppings available at a higher price. They also have subs (I hear the cheeseburger sub is very good) and side dishes available as well.

I was of course most interested in the spiedies, and I ordered a 6-inch pork to give it a shot.


I opted for no toppings this time around since I really wanted to savor the taste of the spiedie meat itself. And I must say, this was quite delicious. Definitely just as good as the Spiedie & Rib Pit as far as the taste goes, and probably more "authentic" relative to the original spiedie parlors in the area. A bit greasier, perhaps, but the Italian sub roll did a nice job soaking up the excess juices. For under $4, this was a very good lunch, even if I had to eat it in my car.

I definitely recommend Lupo's Char-Pit. I wouldn't put it quite on par with Spiedie & Rib Pit, though. The inability to eat there is a major strike against it, and I do prefer some of Spiedie & Rib Pit's more exotic options like the chicken caesar spiedie or Greek spiedie. If you're in Endwell and need a quick lunch, though, Lupo's would be an excellent choice.

Grade: B+

Lupo's Char-Pit on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. While there are no tables inside, there are pinic tables on the west side of the store where you can enjoy your lunch. Excellent review though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails